Recipe: Appetizing Simple Sponge Cake with Passionfruit Icing with 680x482 Resolution
Simple Sponge Cake with Passionfruit Icing.
You can have Simple Sponge Cake with Passionfruit Icing using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Sponge Cake with Passionfruit Icing
- You need of Sponge Cake.
- It’s 3 of large Eggs *separated Whites and Yolks.
- You need 90 g (100 ml) of Caster Sugar.
- You need 90 g (150 ml) of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare 20 g of Butter *melted.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla.
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Passionfruit Icing.
- Prepare 1 cup of Pure Icing Sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Passionfruit Pulp *1 large Passionfruit is probably enough.
Simple Sponge Cake with Passionfruit Icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line base and side of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper..
- Using an electric mixer, whisk Egg Whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add Sugar gradually and whisk until firm peaks form. Then add Egg Yolks and whisk until well combined..
- Sift Flour over the egg mixture while gradually folding in with a large spoon, then add melted Butter and Vanilla, mix until just combined..
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until cakes springs back when gently touched. Turn out on wire rack. Carefully peel away baking paper, then leave to cool completely..
- In a clean bowl, beat Cream until soft peaks form. Add Caster Sugar and Lemon Juice, and beat until well combined..
- To make Passionfruit Icing, just mix Icing Sugar and Passionfruit Pulp until smooth..
- Slice the cooled sponge cake in half, spread the cream mixture on top of the lower slice of the cake, and place upper slice on the cream. Spread the passionfruit icing on top. *Note: The cake must be cooled completely..
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.